Swiss neo-prog ensemble Clepsydra will be releasing a limited edition box set containing the group’s albums ‘Hologram’, ‘More Grains of Sand’, ‘Fears’ and ‘Alone’. To be released in January 2014 by Swiss label Galileo Records LTD, and distributed and marketed by Gonzo MultiMedia, the 4-CD box set titled ’3654 Days’ will contain all 4 albums meticulously remastered. Also added, an hour of additional unreleased and bonus material. This will include live recordings, demos, unreleased alternative mixes and unreleased alternative versions. A 12″x12″ book with rare photos and the history of the band will also be included. The box set will be a limited run of 1000 copies and will contain a certificate of authenticity, hand signed by all the band members. The artwork is by Mark Wilkinson, who is best known for his work with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Marillion.
Regarding the title, bassist and founding member Andy Thommen explains, “The first album ‘Hologram’ was released in November 1991. ‘Alone’ was released in November 2001. There are 3654 days (10 years) between those releases.”
Clepsydra is a Swiss neo-progressive band that was formed in 1990 by Aluisio Maggini (vocals), Lele Hofmann (guitars), Philip Hubert (keyboards), Andy Thommen (bass) and Pietro Duca (drums).
In 1991 Clepsydra released their first album ‘Hologram’, which was followed by the EP ‘Fly Man’ in 1993. Clepsydra then signed to InsideOut, who released their second album ‘More Grains of Sand’ in 1994. This CD included the song “Moonshine on Heights”, which by many is regarded as neo-prog classic. 1994 also saw them performing two songs on national Swiss TV, a rare occurrence for a progressive rock band at that time.
Says Andy, “We had no idea that there was a progressive rock scene. In fact we never heard the expression progressive rock until about three months after the release of Hologram in 1991.”
In 1998 Clepsydra released their third album ‘Fears’, the first album with Marco Cerulli on guitar. In the wake of the album release Clepsydra had a 10 day long European tour and was booked for a concert in Canada on the strength of this production. In 2001 the band released ‘Alone’ with Nicola De Vita on bass. This album came with 3 different album covers: “The Chicken”, “The Octopus” and “The Fish”.
Following these four albums Clepsydra entered a state of hiatus. At this point they had established themselves as a popular entity among fans of neo-progressive rock, and they were often compared to the likes of Jadis, IQ and Fish-era Marillion. In 2013 Clepsydra announced they were reuniting, with Andy Thommen back on bass guitar and a reunion tour scheduled for 2014.
Says Andy about the reunion, “On Sunday June 23 we met and decided to go for the reunion. The day after we did one single post on facebook announcing the reunion, within 24 hours we had the first 3 concert offers!”
Clepsydra show dates:
Saturday April 5, 2014, Progdreams III, Zoetemeer, The Netherlands
Friday May 2, 2014, ROSfest, Gettysburg, PA, US
Friday June 20, 2014, PPR, Das Rind, Rüsselsheim, Germany
Saturday July 26, 2014, Ecosmusicais, Paradise Garage, Lisbon, Portugal
Saturday November 1, 2014, Prog En Beauce Edition II, Villemeux sur Eure, France
Concerts in Poland and Switzerland will be announced soon.
A small detail of note in the band history is that renowned surrealist artist H. R. Giger, known for his concept art for the Hollywood blockbuster movie Alien and a number of album cover art productions for artists such as Deborah Harry, ELP and Celtic Frost, provided a holographed object for Clepsydra’s debut album ‘Hologram’.
Clepsydra’s ’3654′ box set (GLR118BOXCD) will be released in January 2014, for pre-order information visit the band’s website.
For more information:
Web site: www.clepsydra.ch
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- The Samurai of Prog new album “The Imperial Hotel”
- ProgPower Europe Day tickets now available!
- Rob Reed New Solo Album – Sanctuary
- MIDNIGHT MASSES release “Departures” album Launch “Now Here Is Nowhere” short film
- AMPLIFIER launch first track and video from “Mystoria” and announce European tour dates
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead announce European tour in support of forthcoming new album
- EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PERFORMANCE JOLLY @PROGPOWER EUROPE
- SPOCK’S BEARD announce European tour dates for September
- MAYBESHEWILL launch first track from “Fair Youth” album
- Sounds of Fall 2014
- Abel Ganz new album officially released july 8th
- Rob Reed’s new album Sanctuary released july 21th
- THE PINEAPPLE THIEF TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM “MAGNOLIA” THIS SEPTEMBER
- Unsigned Bands Invited to Take Part on First Progstravaganza CD Compilation
- New Gandalf’s Fist Album to Feature Members of Nightwish, It Bites, Gryphon, Pendragon & More
- New Iamthemorning album “Belighted” released through Kscope this fall
- “The D Project” will perform with “Marillion” at Festival d’été de Québec
- Sanguine Hum Live CD/DVD
- AMAZE KNIGHT: THE OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO OF “RESTLESS SOUL”
- Vivaldi Metal Project fundraising campaign (helping deaf-blind children)
- Distorted Harmony ‘s new album “Chain Reaction” released
- AMPLIFIER invite you into the world of “Mystoria”
- Thieves’ Kitchen needs your vote!
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates