He describes the work as “more aggressive” than his last outing, Thick As A Brick 2, and says it’s likely to appear next spring.
He surprised fans by launching TAAB2 in his own name, even though the 1972 classic was billed as a Tull record, and last year reported he didn’t know whether the band entity had a future.
Now he says: “A new album is in the works for recording in December-January. The release of this concept album – no, I am not going to tell you the title – is scheduled for Easter 2014.
“Tours throughout 2014, beginning with the UK tour starting in late April, will feature this new material, together with a selection of the best of Jethro Tull.
“‘Is this to be an Ian Anderson album or a Jethro Tull album?’ I hear you ask. ‘Not sure, really,’ I reply, somewhat evasively…”
The demos were recorded in February, and he only needs to complete work on lyrics. “It’s set in a more aggressive style than TAAB2,” he reports. “Much less acoustic guitar, more flute and heavier guitar sounds. Folk-prog-metal, you might say if you were desperately searching for a descriptive term.
“There are lots of dynamics and varied tempos and keys throughout its 55 minutes. I knew exactly what I am doing – but then again, knowing me (as I am learning to do), I might just scrap it all and start afresh.”
Anderson brought his Thick As A Brick tour, featuring both the original album and its follow-up, to the Albert Hall last month.
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- The Samurai of Prog new album “The Imperial Hotel”
- ProgPower Europe Day tickets now available!
- Rob Reed New Solo Album – Sanctuary
- MIDNIGHT MASSES release “Departures” album Launch “Now Here Is Nowhere” short film
- AMPLIFIER launch first track and video from “Mystoria” and announce European tour dates
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead announce European tour in support of forthcoming new album
- EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PERFORMANCE JOLLY @PROGPOWER EUROPE
- SPOCK’S BEARD announce European tour dates for September
- MAYBESHEWILL launch first track from “Fair Youth” album
- Sounds of Fall 2014
- Abel Ganz new album officially released july 8th
- Rob Reed’s new album Sanctuary released july 21th
- THE PINEAPPLE THIEF TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM “MAGNOLIA” THIS SEPTEMBER
- Unsigned Bands Invited to Take Part on First Progstravaganza CD Compilation
- New Gandalf’s Fist Album to Feature Members of Nightwish, It Bites, Gryphon, Pendragon & More
- New Iamthemorning album “Belighted” released through Kscope this fall
- “The D Project” will perform with “Marillion” at Festival d’été de Québec
- Sanguine Hum Live CD/DVD
- AMAZE KNIGHT: THE OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO OF “RESTLESS SOUL”
- Vivaldi Metal Project fundraising campaign (helping deaf-blind children)
- Distorted Harmony ‘s new album “Chain Reaction” released
- AMPLIFIER invite you into the world of “Mystoria”
- Thieves’ Kitchen needs your vote!
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates