“In our last meeting together before his passing, Ray and I were both very excited about the upcoming release of ‘Twisted Tales’. We signed off on the artwork and agreed that it should be released sooner than later. So, honoring that decision, I have proceeded with the release. We both were proud of this recording and hope that people enjoy it. This recording is dedicated to Ray’s memory” – Roy Rogers
Ray Manzarek and Roy Rogers have received no shortage of kudos since they first recorded together five years ago. Ray Manzarek’s signature keyboard sound was a cornerstone of The Doors – one of the most iconic rock bands of the 60’s.
An inductee into the R&R Hall of Fame – he certainly needs no introduction. In the pantheon of music, The Doors’ music continues to be one of the most revered rock song catalogs of any band. Slide guitarist Roy Rogers has been lauded not only for his own recordings but for his long-time collaboration with harmonica master Norton Buffalo as well as his producing of 4 CD projects for blues icon John Lee Hooker and folk legend Ramblin’ Jack Elliott. He is well known worldwide for his mastery of slide guitar and has received 8 Grammy nominations for his work as artist and producer.
In 2011 Manzarek-Rogers released ‘Translucent Blues’- a blues-rock collection of songs tinged with poetry and literary references. The project reached #1 on the Americana Roots chart and debuted at #6 on the Billboard blues chart. The lyrical contributions came from such diverse co-writers as Jim Carroll, Warren Zevon and poet Michael McClure, among others. ‘Twisted Tales’ draws from some of those same writers to tell very different stories. Featured musicians are Kevin Hayes on drums, formerly with the Robert Cray Band; Steve Evans on bass who has performed with the Elvin Bishop Band; and George Brooks on saxophones, who has performed with John McLaughlin and Zakir Hussain.
The new release is a collaboration of keyboard and guitar sounds that merge with stories, images and art. These two amazing musicians create an intoxicating; plush sound that is – more than unique. Manzarek and Rogers are seemingly an odd pairing – but their new recording unleashes a stunning musical landscape for the listener – this music will ‘take you for a ride’… There is a full-length documentary film to be released examining their unique collaboration and friendship in depth this fall.
‘Twisted Tales’ is destined to become a classic, not only as Ray Manzarek’s last recording, but also as a definitive work of two great artists. Available at www.manzarekrogersband.com/, Amazon and iTunes and retailers nationwide.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- The Samurai of Prog new album “The Imperial Hotel”
- ProgPower Europe Day tickets now available!
- Rob Reed New Solo Album – Sanctuary
- MIDNIGHT MASSES release “Departures” album Launch “Now Here Is Nowhere” short film
- AMPLIFIER launch first track and video from “Mystoria” and announce European tour dates
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead announce European tour in support of forthcoming new album
- EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PERFORMANCE JOLLY @PROGPOWER EUROPE
- SPOCK’S BEARD announce European tour dates for September
- MAYBESHEWILL launch first track from “Fair Youth” album
- Sounds of Fall 2014
- Abel Ganz new album officially released july 8th
- Rob Reed’s new album Sanctuary released july 21th
- THE PINEAPPLE THIEF TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM “MAGNOLIA” THIS SEPTEMBER
- Unsigned Bands Invited to Take Part on First Progstravaganza CD Compilation
- New Gandalf’s Fist Album to Feature Members of Nightwish, It Bites, Gryphon, Pendragon & More
- New Iamthemorning album “Belighted” released through Kscope this fall
- “The D Project” will perform with “Marillion” at Festival d’été de Québec
- Sanguine Hum Live CD/DVD
- AMAZE KNIGHT: THE OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO OF “RESTLESS SOUL”
- Vivaldi Metal Project fundraising campaign (helping deaf-blind children)
- Distorted Harmony ‘s new album “Chain Reaction” released
- AMPLIFIER invite you into the world of “Mystoria”
- Thieves’ Kitchen needs your vote!
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates