Camel have added more dates to their highly-anticipated return to live performance in October.
They initially announced one concert, at London’s Barbican Arts Centre, on October 28, where they’d perform their third album The Snow Goose in full for the first time since 1975.
Now they’ve listed a total of eight shows, five of them in the UK, all ahead of the London performance. And their website hints there could be more in the future.
Andrew Latimer will be joined by Colin Bass, Denis Clement, Guy LeBlanc and special guest Jan Schelhaas for the shows – their first since their farewell tour in 2003.
The band previously explained of the now sold-out London appearance: “The evening pays tribute to former band member Peter Bardens, who died of cancer at the same time as frontman Latimer was battling a terminal illness.
“Ten years later, Latimer has regained health and is willing to celebrate a career that spans over four decades. This two-set show will also embrace compositions recorded throughout those years in a personal covenant of appreciation for a deeply rewarding life of music.”
Meanwhile, the band have addressed fan inquiries as to the possibility of a new album. They explain: “It’s somewhere in the making. When you spend two full years trying to anticipate – and outwit – the worst scenario possible, it takes a rather insidious toll. When the storm passes, it’s an involuntary reflex to get right back to business. We wanted to get Camel back on the road, write a new album, record a new DVD;, just get on with it in general.
“But we hadn’t grasped one very important aspect of having gone through a life-changing experience: we are survivors. And that, in itself, is life-changing. Survivors need to exhale deeply and learn to inhale without the imposition of dread.
“Unexpectedly, we needed time to recover from the battle itself. Finally, we’re ready for the challenges ahead.”
Camel tour dates
Oct 19: Harrogate Royal Hall (tbc)
Oct 20: Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall (tbc)
Oct 21: Manchester RNCM (tbc)
Oct 22: Salisbury City Hall (tbc)
Oct 24: Limbourg Venue le Kursaal, Belgium
Oct 25: Oosterpoort Main Hall, Holland
Oct 26: Amsterdam Rabozaal, Holland
Oct 28: London Barbican Arts Centre – sold out
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- The Samurai of Prog new album “The Imperial Hotel”
- ProgPower Europe Day tickets now available!
- Rob Reed New Solo Album – Sanctuary
- MIDNIGHT MASSES release “Departures” album Launch “Now Here Is Nowhere” short film
- AMPLIFIER launch first track and video from “Mystoria” and announce European tour dates
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead announce European tour in support of forthcoming new album
- EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PERFORMANCE JOLLY @PROGPOWER EUROPE
- SPOCK’S BEARD announce European tour dates for September
- MAYBESHEWILL launch first track from “Fair Youth” album
- Sounds of Fall 2014
- Abel Ganz new album officially released july 8th
- Rob Reed’s new album Sanctuary released july 21th
- THE PINEAPPLE THIEF TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM “MAGNOLIA” THIS SEPTEMBER
- Unsigned Bands Invited to Take Part on First Progstravaganza CD Compilation
- New Gandalf’s Fist Album to Feature Members of Nightwish, It Bites, Gryphon, Pendragon & More
- New Iamthemorning album “Belighted” released through Kscope this fall
- “The D Project” will perform with “Marillion” at Festival d’été de Québec
- Sanguine Hum Live CD/DVD
- AMAZE KNIGHT: THE OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO OF “RESTLESS SOUL”
- Vivaldi Metal Project fundraising campaign (helping deaf-blind children)
- Distorted Harmony ‘s new album “Chain Reaction” released
- AMPLIFIER invite you into the world of “Mystoria”
- Thieves’ Kitchen needs your vote!
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates