Ian Anderson announces a very special one-off show at the Royal Albert Hall on 30th June. Thick As A Brick was last performed at the RAH in 1972 and Ian Anderson brings it back to the prestigious venue with part 2, in all of it’s glory. Tickets go onsale on Friday. Full info below and press release attached.
IAN ANDERSON TO BRING HIS THICK AS A BRICK TOUR TO THE LEGENDARY ROYAL ALBERT HALL
After the enormous success of his 2012 UK tour, Ian Anderson is back for a very special one-off show at the Royal Albert Hall on 30th June; Thick as a Brick returns ‘home’ to the prestigious London venue after 41 years since it was first performed there. The gig is part of an extensive world tour taking the Jethro Tull’ icon to Europe, USA, Japan and South America;
This will be the only production Thick As A Brick UK date in 2013 and tickets are expected to go fast.
Ian Anderson says
“So – bugger me, but it’s back to the Albert for a recreation of the 1972 performance. If only Victoria could be there too. She might have rather liked it. In a funny sort of way. I might try to get a few guests in too if they are not washing their hair. But I will have shampoo at the ready and a hot Fray Bentos pie at backstage catering. That might do it. At least I get to sleep in my own bed afterwards.
Hope to see you there. Bostock rools. Kiss, kiss.”
The ‘Thick as a Brick’ show is a two part Prog bonanza where Anderson and his band will be performing his Jethro Tull’ 1972 classic in its entirety, followed by recent material from its 2012’ sequel. Both albums will be performed as recorded, seamless 55 minutes long tracks with a 20 minute intermission. Video projections and theatrical elements will offer a sumptuous background for this unforgettable milestone in the history of rock.
‘Thick as a Brick’ was a concept album based on a poem written by fictitious 10 year old boy Gerald Bostock, behind which hides Anderson himself. ‘Thick as a Brick 2’ was written and released by Anderson as a celebration of the original’s 40th anniversary, and examines the possible different paths that the precocious young schoolboy might have taken later in life; alter-ego characters are used to illustrate the infinite potential twists and turns of fate and opportunity.
Anderson has been leading Jethro Tull for 44 years; they toured 54 countries worldwide and recorded 30 studio albums, selling over 60 million albums in their career. Widely recognised as the man who introduced the flute to rock music, Ian also plays ethnic flutes and whistles together with acoustic guitar and the mandolin family of instruments, providing the acoustic textures which have been an integral part of most of the Tull repertoire and his solo material. In his most recent solo concerts, Ian has been accompanied by orchestras, string quartets and featured soloists; his eclectic acoustic shows are also a hit with fans of the genre.
Tickets go on sale on Friday 1st February at 9.00am. Ticket prices are £30 and £35 for Circle, £42.50 Front Circle, £47.50 for Arena floor, stalls and second tier – £55 for Boxes and there are 30 special VIP Arena Floor tickets available at £150 each. www.royalalberthall.com Box Office – 0207 589 8212. Online bookings from www.ticketline.co.uk credit card bookings 0844 888 9991. Doors open at 6.45pm and show time will be 7.30pm
Source: The Publicity Connection
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- The Samurai of Prog new album “The Imperial Hotel”
- ProgPower Europe Day tickets now available!
- Rob Reed New Solo Album – Sanctuary
- MIDNIGHT MASSES release “Departures” album Launch “Now Here Is Nowhere” short film
- AMPLIFIER launch first track and video from “Mystoria” and announce European tour dates
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead announce European tour in support of forthcoming new album
- EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PERFORMANCE JOLLY @PROGPOWER EUROPE
- SPOCK’S BEARD announce European tour dates for September
- MAYBESHEWILL launch first track from “Fair Youth” album
- Sounds of Fall 2014
- Abel Ganz new album officially released july 8th
- Rob Reed’s new album Sanctuary released july 21th
- THE PINEAPPLE THIEF TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM “MAGNOLIA” THIS SEPTEMBER
- Unsigned Bands Invited to Take Part on First Progstravaganza CD Compilation
- New Gandalf’s Fist Album to Feature Members of Nightwish, It Bites, Gryphon, Pendragon & More
- New Iamthemorning album “Belighted” released through Kscope this fall
- “The D Project” will perform with “Marillion” at Festival d’été de Québec
- Sanguine Hum Live CD/DVD
- AMAZE KNIGHT: THE OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO OF “RESTLESS SOUL”
- Vivaldi Metal Project fundraising campaign (helping deaf-blind children)
- Distorted Harmony ‘s new album “Chain Reaction” released
- AMPLIFIER invite you into the world of “Mystoria”
- Thieves’ Kitchen needs your vote!
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates