The Kentucky-based Lethal was founded by Tom Mallicoat and the Cook brothers, Eric and Glen. In 1990, after the arrival of drummer Jerry Hartmann, Metal Blade Records released their debut album, “Programmed”, which was instantly proclaimed a progressive/power metal classic the world over.
In 1994, Lethal independently released “Your Favorite God”, a five-song EP (featuring new guitarist David McElfresh) which immediately sold out. “Your Favorite God” showed Lethal going in a heavier direction, with such outstanding songs as “Waiting On The Kill” and “Hard To Breathe”.
Lethal’s last release, the album “Poison Seed” (1995), set new standards for progressive metal bands with its sheer musical brilliance, which featured “Down”, “Walking Wounded”, and the title track.
Lethal played its first show in ten years at the Chicago Powerfest in 2007 and also performed at Keep It True and Bang Your Head!!! festivals that same year, as well as at Headbangers Open Air in 2008.
Commented Keep It True festival organizer Oliver Weinsheimer: “I am in a state of shock.
“I got in contact with Eric in 2006 through our mutual friend Martin Brandt and was able to book him and Lethal for their very first European show at Keep It True in 2007. As expected, it went down triumphant and after that we stayed in touch I tried to help them getting further with new music and more gigs. I met the guys again at the gigs at Headbangers Open Air and Bang Your Head!!! and then it got a bit quiet around them ’till today I got this shocking news.
“Eric was one of the nicest musicians I ever worked with and a real gentleman.
“The whole next Keep It True will be dedicated to his honor and we will try to arrange a final farewell/tribute Lethal show for Keep It True 2014. This is something he deserves for all the beautiful music and joy he gave to us.
“The whole Keep It True family sends their condolences to his family, friends and his bandmembers, who all go through dark times right now.
“RIP, my friend…”
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- IMAGERY: Brazil’s Progressive Power Trio Launches “People Say” Single
- Progpower Europe Add SMALLMAN to the Line-up of 2016
- WITHEM Unleash First Track “Arrhythmia” from New Album
- PROG Presents new Song from THE JELLY JAM
- YES to Tour “Fragile” and “Drama”
- ROBERT REED Releases New Album “Sanctuary”
- New Album by THE SAMURAI OF PROG
- HUIS – New Album “Neither in Heaven”
- Jordan Rudess talks life on the road with Dream Theater on Freqs TV
- STREAM OF PASSION Calls Its Quits and Announces Final Set of Gigs
- Win a Farida Guitar with Equinox’s Competition
- THE SECURITY PROJECT Feat. King Crimson, Shriekback and Peter Gabriel Members To Tour In Support of New Live Album
- New Frank Zappa Documentary Premiere and Concert
- DREAMGRAVE Present New Video
- Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess remembers Keith Emerson on Freqs TV
- IZZ Guitarist Paul Bremner Set to Release New Studio Album “The Witness”
- WOLVERINE Sign Sensory Records to Release 5th Album
- AGENT FRESCO WINNING TWO ICELANDIC MUSIC AWARDS
- IRENE JANSEN Guests On Waves of Destruction, Marking Her First Studio Recordings In 10 Years!
- MAGMA Documentary In Crowd-funding Process
- Presale of BAROCK PROJECT’s Live Album Available Soon
- Melodic Revolution Records Offers Pre-Sale of “The Rain” by Kristoffer Gildenlöw
- Finnish melodic rockers Burntfield on tour in The Netherlands
- Curved Air Legend Darryl Way Releases New Prog Album “Myths, Legends and Tales” – OUT NOW!
- Frontiers Music Announces the Release of WITHEM’s new album, entitled “The Unforgiving Road” On June 3rd.
- THE JELLY JAM Present New Album “Profit”
- Todd Rundgren’s “Box O’Todd” Limited Edition Live Box Set To Be Released
- Australian Prog Artist Ben Craven To Release Third Album “Last Chance To Hear” Featuring Guest Contributions By William Shatner and Billy Sherwood
- HAKEN Reveal Song “Initiate” from New Album
- David Gilmour Returns to Pompeii
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates