“Speak” is the debut release from I and Thou. Featuring four epic-length tracks and a special bonus track featuring Steve Hogarth from Marillion, “Speak” has it’s roots in the sound and soul of 70′s giants like Genesis, Yes and Renaissance, but with the contemporary quality and power of the best of Neal Morse/Spock’s Beard, IZZ and Echolyn. The band is the brainchild of Jason Hart, who is currently playing keyboards in Renaissance. Jason has performed solo and with I and Thou as the support act for Marillion at their fan weekends in Holland and Canada, and also supported the Marillion trio on their US tours. European music fans may have seen Jason during his years as a member of Rufus Wainwright’s touring band, or playing piano with Mercury-Prize winners Antony and the Johnsons. He has also performed and recorded extensively with members of Mecano, Duncan Sheik, Suzanne Vega, Keren Ann and many other notable artists.
I and Thou features vocals and keyboard work by Jason, alongside members of IZZ and some of the top session musicians in New York City: John Galgano (IZZ), Paul Bremner (IZZ), Matt Johnson (Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright and many others), Jack Petruzzelli (the Fab Faux, Patti Smith and many others), plus featured guests Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Laura Meade (IZZ) and the acclaimed French/Israeli singer/songwriter Keren Ann. The cover art is by the legendary singer and painter Annie Haslam.
“Speak” is an emotional journey into a place where progressive rock, pop, classical and theater music blend and evolve into something expansive but deeply personal.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- Rush To Play European Festivals In 2014?
- Trevor Bolder RIP
- The Doors icon Ray Manzarek dies of cancer
- 1000Wishes by PBII
- Julianna Barwick readies album #3
- Kristoffer Gildenlöw – RUST
- Orphaned Land – Our Own Messiah
- Flash to release first album in 40 years
- Ray Jackson launches new Lindisfarne
- Band changes for Mostly Autumn
- Lisa LaRue retires!
- Legendary ‘Dutch Woodstock’ available
- Sound of Contact
- TumbleTown – Done with the Coldness
- Comedy of Errors to tour Europe
- UK tour Touchstone & Von Hertzen Brothers
- Asia announce first show with Sam Coulson
- Martin Barre’s New Day Tour
- Mr So & So – Time For Change
- Daniel Cavanagh – Within Part II
- The Tangent confirm new album
- Profuna Ocean wins Dutch Exposure
- Nektar to tour USA
- ProgPower Europe 2013
- JOLLY – Firewell
- Silhouette back in the studio!
- Pinnick Gales Pridgen – Collateral Damage
- Deep Purple waveres over Now What?!
- Why I wanted Ginger Baker for Black Sabbath!
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates