We’re happy to announce that Polish band Believe have been signed for the 2013 edition of the Rites of Spring Festival.
Believe was formed back in 2005 by Mirek Gil, a long time active and well known composer and instrumentalist in the Polish progressive rock scene. He was a founding member of Collage, is the band leader of Mr. Gil and have also been a member of Satellite. All of them well known bands amongst fans of neo progressive rock.
Read Metal Mind Productions Press Release:
Believe, one of the best progressive rock bands in Poland, have just been confirmed as a first band to play at the next edition of the prestigious ROSfest. The event scheduled for May, 3rd – 5th 2013 will host live performances from some of the world’s finest progressive rock bands. The past editions of the festival included such names as Pendragon, Gazpacho, IQ, Frost, DeeExpus, Satellite, RPWL and many others. For full details go to THIS location.
Believe – photo by Slav Haratym
Believe, one of the most interesting and original bands on the Polish art/prog-rock scene! The band formed in 2004 by guitarist Mirek Gil, should be known already by fans of Polish prog-rock legend Collage and Satellite. Not only was Mirek a founding member and main song writer of Collage, but he played with Satellite as well. The band’s debut album “Hope to See Another Day” was released in 2006, six years later Believe return with their second live DVD entitled “Seeing is Believing”. Filmed in 2011 in Wyspiański Theater in Katowice (Poland), this brand new DVD documents how much the band has changed: Believe released two more excellent studio albums, letting their music grow more brilliantly intricate and sublime than ever before; Tomek Różycki was substituted by the charismatic singer Karol Wróblewski, whose deep and distinctive voice contributes much to the style and mood of Believe’s music; the new keyboard player Konrad Wantrych joined their ranks, enriching their music with his stylish and technically superb soundscapes. During this unique evening in Wyspiański Theater Believe primarily presented material from their fourth, most recent studio album „World Is Round” (Metal Mind Productions, 2010). With the release of “Seeing Is Believing” DVD, the band prove they also came to excel as a live act, giving an outstanding performance which will surely be remembered by all the fans that had a chance to see and hear them on that magical evening.
In Autumn 2012 Believe will play several gigs around Europe. They are confirmed to play at the Progressive Promotion Festival 2012 in Germany or at Summer’s End Festival in UK. More info on tour to follow soon.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- The Aurora Project’s Marc Vooijs died
- THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE TO RELEASE FIFTH ALBUM
- KINGCROW- Album Teaser
- ARJEN LUCASSEN honoured as Virtuoso at the Progressive Music Awards 2014
- Netherland Dwarf released “tortoise walks forever”
- The Gift and A Formal Horse on stage in Holland!!
- Brett Kull of Echolyn Co-Producing the New Fractal Mirror CD
- PBII plays at Classic Rock Society in Engeland September 20th
- Progressive masters SOEN return with new album ‘Tellurian’
- Frequency Drift new release today and concert in the Netherlands
- Qui Announce European Tour
- HAKEN announce release of Restoration EP
- AMPLIFIER stream “Mystoria” New album out
- Distorted Harmony invites you to fight the ‘Distortion of Music’
- HELIOPOLIS Release “City of the Sun” on 10T Records
- MAGNUM release new single!
- DEVIN TOWNSEND reveals Z² details
- THE GENTLE STORM: Arjen and Anneke announce new band name
- New Dodson and Fogg video, from upcoming album…
- Distorted Harmony, the first live video from “Chain Reaction Live!”
- MR. BIG Announce Touring Drummer & Revised Album Release Date
- Osada Vida reveal the title and release date of their new album
- Mike Mangini (Dream Theater) in Germany!
- hAND releases New Album ‘Kintsugi’ on Monday 3rd November through Brutal Elite
- Andy Jackson (Pink Floyd engineer/producer) new album
- MYSTERY – New Live Album and Tour
- MIKE PORTNOY TO JOIN BIGELF FOR INTO THE MAELSTROM – EUROPEAN TOUR 2014!
- Aeon Zen release Audio Book video
- Lucid Fly – New Music!
- “Polish art rock/prog rock band HellHaven’s newest album “Beyond The Frontier” is now available
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates