Frontman of Dutch rockband Fourteen Twentysix launched a new music project: Bow. The production of its debut album will be entirely fan-funded, at least that is the goal. In the next 60 days the artist tries to get his dream realized without the help of a supporting label.
Crowd-funding; it’s not new. Kickstarter recently got a lot of well deserved attention and PledgeMusic seems to be the go-to fan donation site for musicians. A growing number of artists chooses to operate independently, calling upon their loyal fanbase to realize their next creative product. It’s a very direct and personal relationship that results in a beautiful dynamic: Artist and Fan have never been closer.
“I want to create music I love and together with the fans we create our own successful niche, outside the mainstream and majors.” says van der Linden. A search on Google shows that many PledgeMusic artists have indeed launched their product through crowd-funding. Will Bow be another one of these success stories?
Chris van der Linden has 60 days to reach his target budget.
For more info and participation visit: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/maninthemachine
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- Rush To Play European Festivals In 2014?
- Trevor Bolder RIP
- The Doors icon Ray Manzarek dies of cancer
- 1000Wishes by PBII
- Julianna Barwick readies album #3
- Kristoffer Gildenlöw – RUST
- Orphaned Land – Our Own Messiah
- Flash to release first album in 40 years
- Ray Jackson launches new Lindisfarne
- Band changes for Mostly Autumn
- Lisa LaRue retires!
- Legendary ‘Dutch Woodstock’ available
- Sound of Contact
- TumbleTown – Done with the Coldness
- Comedy of Errors to tour Europe
- UK tour Touchstone & Von Hertzen Brothers
- Asia announce first show with Sam Coulson
- Martin Barre’s New Day Tour
- Mr So & So – Time For Change
- Daniel Cavanagh – Within Part II
- The Tangent confirm new album
- Profuna Ocean wins Dutch Exposure
- Nektar to tour USA
- ProgPower Europe 2013
- JOLLY – Firewell
- Silhouette back in the studio!
- Pinnick Gales Pridgen – Collateral Damage
- Deep Purple waveres over Now What?!
- Why I wanted Ginger Baker for Black Sabbath!
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates