Welcome to ‘Crimes And Reasons’, the long-awaited fourth album by multi-instrumentalist and multi-genius Steve Thorne.
Following his two-album opus ‘Emotional Creatures Pt. 1 and Pt.2’ and 2009´s critically acclaimed ‘Into the Ether’, Thorne presents a collection of ten musical gems that again defy the usual categorization.
If ‘Crimes And Reasons’ were a picture, it would probably be a wide and solid bridge between two shores – a very traditional English landscape, all hedges and green fields on one side, a vibrating, challenging and somewhat puzzling city on the other. Thorne, who cites artists from Bowie to Genesis to Cockney Rebel as influences, is a master of moods and atmospheres. On ‘Crimes and Reasons’ you´ll find melancholic, intimate gems alongside songs that roar with anger.
A progressive rock artist that is not afraid to shout “Fuck” if the song demands it: “I guess the lyrics are the most important thing”, says Steve. “Sometimes they are written incredibly quickly and almost appear before my eyes.” But the end product is far more than a series of brief sketches – they’re courageous statements of a modern man in a changing society. “Some of it can come over a little bitter and twisted” admits the singer.
No out-dated metaphors. Steve Thorne is clearly a man of our times and aware of real life challenges. That might be the reason why ‘Crimes and Reasons’ even more than it´s predecessors is pushing the boundaries of progressive rock. Those that had never heard of the ‘P’ word would probably place Thorne as a singer/songwriter – but with a twist.
Melancholic, but not dull. Accessible, but not easy going. Different, but not just for the sake of being different – Steve Thorne´s “Crimes And Reasons” is an album that will enlighten this year´s spring for the mature progressive rock listener (and his wife as well).
And a little help from his friends! While Thorne sings all compositions, and plays the majority of instruments, he has again managed to put together an impressive list of guest musicians who were happy to help out on ‘Crimes and Reasons’. You´ll find Tony Levin´s (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson) precise bass playing and Nick D´Virgilio´s (Genesis, Spock´s Beard) superlative drumming, as well as contributions from Martin Orford (ex-IQ) on flute, Gary Chandler (Jadis) on guitar and last but not least the smooth grooves of Bob White.
As always, “Crimes and Reasons” was mixed by engineer and long time collaborator Rob Aubrey (IQ, Spock´s Beard, Pulse).
May 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- News Page Discontinued
- Vivo: the first live album of Barock Project!
- Infinite Spectrum Premieres New Song “Fear” From “Haunter Of The Dark”
- FROST* Reveals Song “Heartstrings” from New Album
- TILT debut album announced
- ANDERSON RABIN WAKEMAN Announce Tour
- New SETI Album Announced
- PIMATOR: Watch the New Video Clip “To Mars”
- DICE Announce new Album
- WITHEM Release New Song “In The Hands of a God”
- STEVEN WILSON announces shows in Australia & New Zealand
- STEVE HACKETT to release “The Total Experience Live in Liverpool” blu ray
- The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert – Saturday, May 28
- Frontiers Music announces the release of the new album from progressive rockers CIRCA: “Valley of the Windmill”, which will be released on July 8th.
- FATES WARNING: “Theories of Flight” Track List Exposed
- TDW announces live band called “Dreamwalkers Inc” and their first gig!
- TDW releases brand-new song named “Anthem”
- WOLVERINE Unleash Track “Machina” from New Album
- Frontiers Music Srl announce the signing of Swedish progressive metal masters SEVENTH WONDER for a multi album deal!
- JORDAN RUDESS Keyfest 2016
- STEVE HACKETT to release ‘The Total Experience In Liverpool’
- FATERS WARNING Unleash Details of New Album “Theories of Flight”
- DELAIN Announce European Tour for Fall 2016
- AYREON signs with Mascot Label Group
- PAIN OF SALVATION to release “Remedy Lane Re:visited (Re:mixed & Re:lived)”
- RAY WILSON’s New Video “Not Long Till Springtime” released
- IMAGERY: Brazil’s Progressive Power Trio Launches “People Say” Single
- Progpower Europe Add SMALLMAN to the Line-up of 2016
- WITHEM Unleash First Track “Arrhythmia” from New Album
- PROG Presents new Song from THE JELLY JAM
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates