Welcome to ‘Crimes And Reasons’, the long-awaited fourth album by multi-instrumentalist and multi-genius Steve Thorne.
Following his two-album opus ‘Emotional Creatures Pt. 1 and Pt.2’ and 2009´s critically acclaimed ‘Into the Ether’, Thorne presents a collection of ten musical gems that again defy the usual categorization.
If ‘Crimes And Reasons’ were a picture, it would probably be a wide and solid bridge between two shores – a very traditional English landscape, all hedges and green fields on one side, a vibrating, challenging and somewhat puzzling city on the other. Thorne, who cites artists from Bowie to Genesis to Cockney Rebel as influences, is a master of moods and atmospheres. On ‘Crimes and Reasons’ you´ll find melancholic, intimate gems alongside songs that roar with anger.
A progressive rock artist that is not afraid to shout “Fuck” if the song demands it: “I guess the lyrics are the most important thing”, says Steve. “Sometimes they are written incredibly quickly and almost appear before my eyes.” But the end product is far more than a series of brief sketches – they’re courageous statements of a modern man in a changing society. “Some of it can come over a little bitter and twisted” admits the singer.
No out-dated metaphors. Steve Thorne is clearly a man of our times and aware of real life challenges. That might be the reason why ‘Crimes and Reasons’ even more than it´s predecessors is pushing the boundaries of progressive rock. Those that had never heard of the ‘P’ word would probably place Thorne as a singer/songwriter – but with a twist.
Melancholic, but not dull. Accessible, but not easy going. Different, but not just for the sake of being different – Steve Thorne´s “Crimes And Reasons” is an album that will enlighten this year´s spring for the mature progressive rock listener (and his wife as well).
And a little help from his friends! While Thorne sings all compositions, and plays the majority of instruments, he has again managed to put together an impressive list of guest musicians who were happy to help out on ‘Crimes and Reasons’. You´ll find Tony Levin´s (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson) precise bass playing and Nick D´Virgilio´s (Genesis, Spock´s Beard) superlative drumming, as well as contributions from Martin Orford (ex-IQ) on flute, Gary Chandler (Jadis) on guitar and last but not least the smooth grooves of Bob White.
As always, “Crimes and Reasons” was mixed by engineer and long time collaborator Rob Aubrey (IQ, Spock´s Beard, Pulse).
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- RICH WILLIAMS: KANSAS plans to begin recording a new album
- SUBSIGNAL announce release date for “The Beacons of Somewhere Sometime”
- LEPROUS debut video clip for ‘The Price’ off new album!
- NORDIC GIANTS release short movie tosupport their album release
- Video of Steve Hackett’s “Spectral Mornings” 2015 released
- The VIVALDIMETAL PROJECT is looking for an arranger
- RICK WAKEMAN on Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” featuring MISTHERIA
- NEAL SCHON announces the release of Vortex on June 22
- Tim Burness new album
- KINGCROW “Eidos” artwork and track listing revealed
- RICHARD THOMPSON announces new album “Still”
- New HAPPY THE MAN music – crowd funding project
- GUY LEBLANC passed away at 54
- SILHOUETTE release new video for their single “In Solitary”
- BILLY SHERWOOD forms band CITIZEN and brings back WORLD TRADE
- UK Alt-Rock Prog Group THE DREAMING TREE To Release Fourth Album “Silverfade” on May 4, 2015
- Cain’s Offering – “Stormcrow (Official Audio)” goes public
- Superstar Vocalists From Both Sides Of The Pond Come Together For A Special Tribute To The Beatles!
- AYREON announces “The Theater Equation”
- SHINING sign to Spinefarm Records and plan new studio album for 2015
- ODIN’s COURT Release New Music Video in Support of Their Latest Album “Turtles All the Way Down”
- ANURYZM Return with New Album “All Is Not For All” and Lead Single “Humanoid”
- KINGCROW to release their 6th album “Eidos” June 23
- SOEN joins 2015 line-up of ProgPower Europe
- YUKA & CHRONOSHIP’s 2nd crowdfunding campaign for 3rd album
- KRISTOPHER GILDENLÖW goes wild with Baby Elephant Song!
- Spectral Mornings – Charity Single by Rob Reed – features Steve Hackett, David Longdon, Rob Reed, Nick Beggs, Tina Booth and more
- New Mandala Album “Midnight Twilight”
- COLIN EDWIN, PAT MASTELOTTO Combine To Launch O.R.k.
- LEPROUS debut video for “The Price”
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates