In the final installment of the WHY PINK FLOYD? promo campaign, David Gilmour talks about THE WALL with Paul Rappaport, who visited David’s houseboat/recording studio, Astoria, for the conversation. Gilmour explains and plays a little of the guitar the solo in “Another Brick In The Wall.”
On February 28, EMI will release ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions of Roger Waters’ opus, Pink Floyd ‘The Wall,’ as the final installment of the recent ‘Why Pink Floyd?’ reissues and extended releases. ‘The Wall’ remains Pink Floyd’s biggest-selling release after 1973′s legendary ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon.’
‘The Wall’ ‘Immersion’ 7-disc edition includes a DVD featuring a film clip from the 1980 tour and a ‘Behind The Wall’ documentary, plus, for the first time, CDs of excerpts from Roger Waters’ original demos and work-in-progress versions of songs on the final album. Additionally, among these previously unheard versions are David Gilmour’s original demos of “Comfortably Numb” and “Run Like Hell.” The Immersion set also includes The Wall Live, compiled from the 1980-1981 original tour.
Both ‘The Wall’ Immersion box set and Experience edition include a rare recording of “Another Brick In The Wall Part 1.” A highlight for fans, this demo showcases the evolution of the final track. Additionally, “The Doctor” explores the origins of the landmark track “Comfortably Numb,” giving further insight into Pink Floyd’s early demo recordings.
In 1978, after finishing Pink Floyd’s Animals stadium tour, Roger Waters devised the concept for the album ‘The Wall.’ The album is a partly autobiographical story about a fictional rock star named Pink looking back at his early life and reflecting on the nature of fame and success.
Waters presented his band mates David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason with an extensive demo of songs. Pink Floyd recorded their eleventh album ‘The Wall’ throughout 1979 in France, New York and Los Angeles, assisted by co-producer, Bob Ezrin and engineer, James Guthrie.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- Rush To Play European Festivals In 2014?
- Trevor Bolder RIP
- The Doors icon Ray Manzarek dies of cancer
- 1000Wishes by PBII
- Julianna Barwick readies album #3
- Kristoffer Gildenlöw – RUST
- Orphaned Land – Our Own Messiah
- Flash to release first album in 40 years
- Ray Jackson launches new Lindisfarne
- Band changes for Mostly Autumn
- Lisa LaRue retires!
- Legendary ‘Dutch Woodstock’ available
- Sound of Contact
- TumbleTown – Done with the Coldness
- Comedy of Errors to tour Europe
- UK tour Touchstone & Von Hertzen Brothers
- Asia announce first show with Sam Coulson
- Martin Barre’s New Day Tour
- Mr So & So – Time For Change
- Daniel Cavanagh – Within Part II
- The Tangent confirm new album
- Profuna Ocean wins Dutch Exposure
- Nektar to tour USA
- ProgPower Europe 2013
- JOLLY – Firewell
- Silhouette back in the studio!
- Pinnick Gales Pridgen – Collateral Damage
- Deep Purple waveres over Now What?!
- Why I wanted Ginger Baker for Black Sabbath!
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates