Rock’s Backpages, the world’s largest online library of rock journalism, announces the launch of its new Backpages eBooks division, headed up by former MOJO editor Mat Snow.
Backpages eBooks consists of two series:
• Backpages Anthologies collects key interviews and other articles about important acts, and gets under way with The Bob Dylan Electric Omnibus and The Nirvana Electric Omnibus. The subsequent two volumes will be devoted to John Lennon and Led Zeppelin.
• Backpages Classics brings back to life essential music books published over the last 40 years and kicks off with seminal titles by Simon Reynolds, Barney Hoskyns, Bud Scoppa and John Pidgeon.
The two series further establish Rock’s Backpages as an electronic publisher of premium rock writing. All titles are currently available in the Amazon Kindle store.
• Backpages Anthologies
The Bob Dylan Electric Omnibus is positively the finest Dylan eBook anthology ever assembled, as written by the greatest names in Dylanology, among them Ian MacDonald, Al Aronowitz, Dave Marsh, Andy Gill, Michael Gray and Paul Williams.
20 years after the release of their breakthrough album Nevermind, The Nirvana Electric Omnibus retrieves from the vaults the key interviews, eyewitness accounts and contemporary insights which tell the Nirvana story. Contributors include Michael Azerrad, Everett True, Jon Savage, Simon Reynolds and Keith Cameron.
• Backpages Classics
The first four titles – all complete with new introductions and updates – are as follows:
• Simon Reynolds Blissed Out: The Raptures of Rock
The first book by the revered author of Rip It Up and Start Again, Retromania and other titles is an anthology of trenchant thinkpieces and interviews with Morrissey, Nick Cave and others.
• Barney Hoskyns Glam! Bowie, Bolan and the Glam Rock Revolution
A peerless treatment of the pop phenomenon of the early ’70s, telling the story of glam from T. Rex and Ziggy Stardust to Roxy Music and the New York Dolls via Slade, Sweet and Gary Glitter.
• Bud Scoppa The Byrds
American veteran Scoppa’s 1970 account of the seminal LA band’s journey from jangly folk rock to the prototype alt.country of Sweetheart of the Rodeo and beyond.
• John Pidgeon Rod Stewart and the Changing Faces
Former editor of revered ’70s monthly Let It Rock, Pidgeon got as close to Rod, Ian, Kenny and the two Ronnies as any music writer did in the ’70s.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- ProgPower nominated for best indoor festival award / ProgPower 2015 first bands booked
- New Knight Area album: “Hyperdrive”
- Hungarian progressive dark metal band Dreamgrave announces debut LP ‘Presentiment
- Kika and Serious Music decided to make the ‘1000 wishes’ show available for free
- Sounds Of Fall – Metal Edition – Line-up complete!
- Distorted Harmony, New live video and confirmed November concerts
- THE GENTLE STORM sign deal with InsideOut Music
- DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT launch intergalactic lyric video for Deathray
- …AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD premiere new song The Ghost Within
- Antimatter will perform their landmark album ‘Leaving Eden’ in full during their upcoming tour
- Silhouette release new single on Youtube
- PAIN OF SALVATION announce Falling Home acoustic album
- The Resonance Association Return From Dreaming: new album, single
- DEVIN TOWNSEND launches ZTV and new Ziltoid site
- Progdreams IV festival
- Pain Of Salvation plays Remedy Lane at ProgPower Europe
- CIRCUS MAXIMUS RELEASES LIVE CONCERT FREE ON YOUTUBE
- PSEUDONYM proudly presents TRACE
- Exclusive Flying Colors Show at 013 Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Labyrinth: and the new vocalist is…
- Pagan’s Mind moved to ProgPower Europe 2015
- Labyrinth: Roberto Tiranti gives up
- Almost at the summit – Men Who Climb Mountains from Pendragon
- Dodson and Fogg album out now
- The Aurora Project’s Marc Vooijs died
- THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE TO RELEASE FIFTH ALBUM
- KINGCROW- Album Teaser
- ARJEN LUCASSEN honoured as Virtuoso at the Progressive Music Awards 2014
- Netherland Dwarf released “tortoise walks forever”
- The Gift and A Formal Horse on stage in Holland!!
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates