Rock’s Backpages, the world’s largest online library of rock journalism, announces the launch of its new Backpages eBooks division, headed up by former MOJO editor Mat Snow.
Backpages eBooks consists of two series:
• Backpages Anthologies collects key interviews and other articles about important acts, and gets under way with The Bob Dylan Electric Omnibus and The Nirvana Electric Omnibus. The subsequent two volumes will be devoted to John Lennon and Led Zeppelin.
• Backpages Classics brings back to life essential music books published over the last 40 years and kicks off with seminal titles by Simon Reynolds, Barney Hoskyns, Bud Scoppa and John Pidgeon.
The two series further establish Rock’s Backpages as an electronic publisher of premium rock writing. All titles are currently available in the Amazon Kindle store.
• Backpages Anthologies
The Bob Dylan Electric Omnibus is positively the finest Dylan eBook anthology ever assembled, as written by the greatest names in Dylanology, among them Ian MacDonald, Al Aronowitz, Dave Marsh, Andy Gill, Michael Gray and Paul Williams.
20 years after the release of their breakthrough album Nevermind, The Nirvana Electric Omnibus retrieves from the vaults the key interviews, eyewitness accounts and contemporary insights which tell the Nirvana story. Contributors include Michael Azerrad, Everett True, Jon Savage, Simon Reynolds and Keith Cameron.
• Backpages Classics
The first four titles – all complete with new introductions and updates – are as follows:
• Simon Reynolds Blissed Out: The Raptures of Rock
The first book by the revered author of Rip It Up and Start Again, Retromania and other titles is an anthology of trenchant thinkpieces and interviews with Morrissey, Nick Cave and others.
• Barney Hoskyns Glam! Bowie, Bolan and the Glam Rock Revolution
A peerless treatment of the pop phenomenon of the early ’70s, telling the story of glam from T. Rex and Ziggy Stardust to Roxy Music and the New York Dolls via Slade, Sweet and Gary Glitter.
• Bud Scoppa The Byrds
American veteran Scoppa’s 1970 account of the seminal LA band’s journey from jangly folk rock to the prototype alt.country of Sweetheart of the Rodeo and beyond.
• John Pidgeon Rod Stewart and the Changing Faces
Former editor of revered ’70s monthly Let It Rock, Pidgeon got as close to Rod, Ian, Kenny and the two Ronnies as any music writer did in the ’70s.
Submit NewsPlease submit News items to:
news @ dprp.net
Only submissions written in ENGLISH will be accepted!
- IMAGERY: Brazil’s Progressive Power Trio Launches “People Say” Single
- Progpower Europe Add SMALLMAN to the Line-up of 2016
- WITHEM Unleash First Track “Arrhythmia” from New Album
- PROG Presents new Song from THE JELLY JAM
- YES to Tour “Fragile” and “Drama”
- ROBERT REED Releases New Album “Sanctuary”
- New Album by THE SAMURAI OF PROG
- HUIS – New Album “Neither in Heaven”
- Jordan Rudess talks life on the road with Dream Theater on Freqs TV
- STREAM OF PASSION Calls Its Quits and Announces Final Set of Gigs
- Win a Farida Guitar with Equinox’s Competition
- THE SECURITY PROJECT Feat. King Crimson, Shriekback and Peter Gabriel Members To Tour In Support of New Live Album
- New Frank Zappa Documentary Premiere and Concert
- DREAMGRAVE Present New Video
- Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess remembers Keith Emerson on Freqs TV
- IZZ Guitarist Paul Bremner Set to Release New Studio Album “The Witness”
- WOLVERINE Sign Sensory Records to Release 5th Album
- AGENT FRESCO WINNING TWO ICELANDIC MUSIC AWARDS
- IRENE JANSEN Guests On Waves of Destruction, Marking Her First Studio Recordings In 10 Years!
- MAGMA Documentary In Crowd-funding Process
- Presale of BAROCK PROJECT’s Live Album Available Soon
- Melodic Revolution Records Offers Pre-Sale of “The Rain” by Kristoffer Gildenlöw
- Finnish melodic rockers Burntfield on tour in The Netherlands
- Curved Air Legend Darryl Way Releases New Prog Album “Myths, Legends and Tales” – OUT NOW!
- Frontiers Music Announces the Release of WITHEM’s new album, entitled “The Unforgiving Road” On June 3rd.
- THE JELLY JAM Present New Album “Profit”
- Todd Rundgren’s “Box O’Todd” Limited Edition Live Box Set To Be Released
- Australian Prog Artist Ben Craven To Release Third Album “Last Chance To Hear” Featuring Guest Contributions By William Shatner and Billy Sherwood
- HAKEN Reveal Song “Initiate” from New Album
- David Gilmour Returns to Pompeii
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
DPRP Twitter Updates